The SPAR Group Ltd Retail Management Trainee Programme 2023
Build it, a division of The SPAR Group Ltd. is recruiting for a Retail Management Trainee, at its Distribution Centre, located in Nelspruit.
To achieve the budgeted retail sales targets, maximize store profitability, design and implement store growth actions, complete business feasibilities and inspire Retailer-participation in activities of the Lowveld Guild. Furthermore, to provide administrative support function to the Build it team, assist with requests, reporting, data processing and information from, and to SPAR/Build it Role Players, Retailers and Suppliers.
Key Performance Areas:
- Establishing and maintaining a sound business relationship with retailers.
- Ensure that standards are kept according to Build it and SPAR regulations and that the stores’ image and standards are compliant.
- Facilitate communication and support between retailers and the Build it Regional Office.
- Compile business plans, cash flow forecasts and feasibilities and advice retailers with improvement in retail growth, profitability, and cash flow.
- Assist with store openings, re-launches, and store audits through structured store visits.
- Assistance and guidance to retailers with Build it Group projects.
- Analyzing and accurately interpreting of store performance indicators to advise retailers on improving poor performing areas and opportunities in their stores.
- Controlling and maintaining an efficient administration system, including scheduling, reporting, e-filing, record keeping and calendar co-ordination.
- Providing general office administrative support, including inventory control, operational and financial reporting.
- Liaising with the management team, business partners and role players.
- Organising events/functions, meetings, venue bookings and travel arrangements.
- Carrying out any reasonable tasks requested by management (Ad hoc duties).
- Matric (Grade 12) and valid RSA driver’s license and passport.
- Tertiary qualification in business management or a similar qualification.
- Five (5) years store management experience in the building material retail sector or related FMCG will be advantageous.
- Understanding of retail management accounting and administrative principles.
- Sound knowledge of Retail legal / business requirements and compliance.
- Excellent business acumen and operational financial skills.
- Advanced computer skills: MS Office, especially Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of retail management operating systems.
- Excellent interpersonal attributes with a composed character with the ability to communicate professionally at executive level.
- Energetic / self-starter / self-developer / organised / prioritised / solution, deadline & objective driven / innovative / attention to detail / exceptional customer service experience & skills / accuracy / numeric skills.
- Ability to function in a high-performance & fast-paced team environment with a sense of flexibility.
- Ability to function within an established, integrated business team culture.