Tourism Monitors Programme 2024: apply via sayouth.mobi/Join
The Department of Tourism hereby invites applications from interested candidates to be part of the Tourism Monitors Programme for a period of twelve (12) months. Candidates are encouraged to only apply to municipalities and establishments within their residential/ local areas.
Please take note that successful candidates will be expected to sign a 12 months contract with the service provider to be appointed by the Department of Tourism and deployed at the attractions/ sites closer to their residence. The programme will be implemented for 12 months, the three (3) months will be for Theory Training and nine (9) months for Practical Training.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM CRITERIA
The applicant should:
- Be a South African citizen (Certified copy of an Identity Document);
- Be unemployed youth between the ages of 18 to 35;
- Be in a possession of matric certificate or any equivalent qualifications;
- Be literate and conversant in English;
- Added qualifications in tourism or environmental related fields will be an added advantage;
- Stay within a 28km radius of the attractions/sites. Proof of residence will be required, (e.g.) municipality bill or letter from a tribal authority or ward councilor,
- be able to work flexible hours (e.g.) weekend, public holiday and as and-when required;
- Have a passion or interest in the tourism sector;
- Not more than one (1) learner per household;
- No affidavits will be accepted as proof of residence; and
- No faxed or emailed applications/documents will be accepted.
How to Apply – Tourism Monitors Programme 2024: apply via sayouth.mobi/Join
APPLICANTS MUST FOLLOW THE URL LINK TO APPLY
- Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) together with certified copies of qualifications, identity document, and proof of residence not older than three (3) months.
- Please use this link to SA Youth landing page: https://sayouth.mobi/Join (Datafree)
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to an interview nearest to their areas of residence. The successful candidates will undergo medical examination and criminal record clearance before acceptance into the programme.
NB: The correspondences will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Call centre number: 0800 7272 72 (Monday to Fridays, 09:00 16:30)
THE DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PROGRAMME
People living with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 10 November 2023