UJ Blackboard Portal
The UJ Blackboard Portal provides secure access to the online learning management system of the University. The gateway is safe, private, and simple to use.
UJ Blackboard Learn
The University of Johannesburg’s online platform and learning management system is called Blackboard Learn. Blackboard Learn allows educators to create online course sites that are highly optimized for online learning and fully connected with Rasmussen’s enrollment and communication systems. Online students can simply locate their orientation, course information, and more resources here.
Advantages of Blackboard Learn
Both students and faculty members can benefit from using Blackboard. The platform organizes content for students in a central area, making it convenient for students and faculty members to access.
Students can use Blackboard to submit assignments electronically and work with a variety of built-in Web-based tools such as e-portfolios, wikis, and blogs. Students can also analyze their classmates and self-assess if projects are built for such evaluation.
- The central location of course documents
- Central location for communicating with students
- Electronic grade book
- Built-in Web-based tools
- Electronic submission of assignments
- Electronic tests and quizzes
- Self- and peer-assignment
How to Get to the UJ Blackboard Login Page
Follow the steps below to access the UJ Blackboard Learn login page.
- To locate your online course(s) please Log in to Blackboard: https://uj.blackboard.com
- Click on the ‘Courses’ link at the upper right-side corner of the screen to view all of your classes
- Click on the course link that appears under ‘My Courses’
- Begin exploring the content of your course by utilizing the menu bar on the left side of your screen
- Start by reviewing the syllabus and then continue by clicking on the course content
Blackboard Learn Mobile App
Instructors can use the Blackboard Instructor app to manage courses, engage with students, and browse content. To get started, visit the Google PlayStore or Apple Store to download the Blackboard Instructor App.
How to Use the UJ Blackboard App
- After reinstalling the app, tap the “type your school’s name” text field and enter UJ.
- When the list of UJ campuses is displayed, tap The University of Johannesburg.
- Tap Web Login
- On the next page tap, Click here to Login
- Lastly, enter your credentials and tap Login