Deadline: 31 Oct 2023
UNESCO-Equatorial Guinea International Prize 2023 (USD 350,000)
The UNESCO-Equatorial Guinea International Prize for Research in the Life Sciences rewards significant efforts of individuals or institutions through scientific research towards improving the quality of human life.
The Prize, funded by the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, is given annually to a maximum of three laureates. They receive a monetary award of USD 350,000 divided equally among laureates, to help further their research, together with a certificate and the “Integracion Tribal” statuette by Equatorial Guinean artist Leandro Mbomio.
The Prize was established by UNESCO’s Executive Board, to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as UNESCO’s global priorities.
Who can apply?
Individual(s) or Institutions endorsed by:
- Either Member States in consultation with their National Commissions; or
- Non-governmental organizations in official partnership with UNESCO active in a field covered by the Prize.
Each can endorse up to 5 candidates no later than the deadline set each year. Self-nominations will not be considered.
How to apply
Candidates must register online.
After registration, candidates will receive a temporary password to access and complete an online form in English or French.
Application form includes:
- Background information ;
- Outline of the candidate’s contribution to the Prize’s objectives;
- Summary of the work/research;
- List of publications.
All supporting material (e.g. publications, photos, videos) must be transmitted electronically through the online system.
Once complete, applications may be submitted in two ways:
- Candidates invited to apply by a NGO can upload proof of their endorsement and submit to the UNESCO Secretariat.
- Candidates can submit their application to a National Commission through the online process.
The UNESCO Secretariat receives only applications that have been officially endorsed. The candidate should make all efforts to ensure endorsement with the relevant National Commission.
Nominations received after the deadline or by individuals without endorsement will be excluded.
Deadline for applications: 31 October 2023 (midnight, UTC+1).