university of pretoria student portal
The University of Pretoria Student Portal allows all students, new and returning, to access the university’s services online by entering their UP student number and a unique password.
The University of Pretoria student portal allows students to complete the following activities online
- Semester course registration
- Make payments for fees
- Check and download end-of-semester results
- Request for transcripts
- Lecturer evaluation
- Update student information
How to Access the UP Student Portal
- Access the UP Portal via https://www1.up.ac.za.
- Enter your UP student number (eg. u123456789)
- Enter your unique password
- Click on the login button
- Wait for the system to authenticate and redirect you
Online Course Registration for UP Students
Students at the University of Pretoria can register for courses online by following the steps outlined below.
- Access the UP portal by clicking on www1.up.ac.za
- Log in with your UP username and password
- Scroll to the Human Resources Management System Portlet
- Click on Human Resource Self Services
- Click on Development Request Under the heading “Development and careers”
- Select In-house (free of charge) from the drop-down list next to Learning Strategy
- Click on Search by Course Name, type Course Code (eg. 530) and click on Search
- Select the session that you would like to attend by clicking on the session number from the “View Available Sessions” page
- Read the applicable information and click on Continue
- Complete the comments field if necessary and click on submit – all your personal details will be captured automatically
Reset the Student Portal
This article will assist you in regaining access to the University of Pretoria Student Portal.
- Access the UP Student Portal login page via
- Click on forget password link
- Enter your UP student number on the next page (eg. u1234567890)
- Click on the submit button
- A password reset link will be generated and sent to your email
- Login to your email to complete the reset process
Contact Information for UP Students
All University of Pretoria students who are experiencing problems with the students portal or any of the university’s online platforms can contact the authorities using the information provided below.
- Approach the assistants at the Helpdesks that are typically adjacent to the Student Computer Laboratories (in IT Building, NW2, CBT, etc.)
- Visit the Open Labs situated in the Informatorium Building, for reporting the problem at the offices of the “Student Help Desk”
- Call 012 420-3837
- Email email@example.com