what are the requirements for appointing sassa srd procurator
what are the requirements for appointing sassa srd procurator? Do you know that you can appoint a procurator for your family member who is unable to collect the trans for themselves?
Do you have an elderly or frail family member who has trouble getting their monthly grant from merchants or other payment methods? Then you need a Procurator! A procurator is someone who collects a grant on behalf of someone else who is unable to collect on their own.
ASK SASSA HOW!
The procurator must be duly appointed by the beneficiary. Through an affidavit it is their responsibility to ensure that all facts stated are correct and that all monies collected are given to the beneficiary. The procurator can submit an application on behalf of the beneficiary, they are unable to get to the SASSA local office themselves.
REQUIREMENTS: WHO CAN BE A PROCURATOR?
- At least 18 years old or older
- Permanently resident in South Africa
- Not an un-rehabilitated insolvent
- Willing to be appointed as the beneficiary’s procurator
- Has a valid 13 digit South African Identity document
- A life certificate for the beneficiary
- The beneficiary is not in debt to the procurator
- The procurator may not act on behalf of more than five beneficiaries
- Provide an Affidavit
- Both the Identity Document of the beneficiary and the appointee to be submitted
- Request a SASSA Official to assist in capturing your appointee as procurator
Toll free: 0800 60 10 11
SASSA News ASSA