Women’s Developmental Leadership Program (WDLP) 2024
Each year, up to 30 Pacific women Australia Awards scholars are selected to participate in the Women’s Developmental Leadership Program (WDLP).
Through a range of offerings over 18 months, participants establish the foundations of developmental leadership, develop their own leadership style, and foster regional and country-based connections to drive lasting change. Alumni of the program continue to access bespoke support to exercise developmental leadership upon their return to the Pacific.
Benefits – Women’s Developmental Leadership Program (WDLP) 2024
One-on-one issues-based and collective ontological coaching sessions give participants and alumni a safe space to strategically work through barriers holding them back from reaching their leadership potential.
Two week-long residential leadership intensives help participants build deep connections, learn from prominent Pacific and Australian leaders, and test understandings of, and approaches to, leadership in their own contexts.
Real Issue Challenges
By identifying and addressing real-life developmental issues in their own communities, countries and regions, participants test and embed leadership learning and skills. Opportunities to expand these efforts are available through the Leadership Fund.
Selected participants and alumni are supported to design, seek and secure work placements and internships in the Australia-Pacific that build skills, networks and readiness to take on take on leadership roles upon their return home.
Eligibility Requirements – Women’s Developmental Leadership Program (WDLP) 2024
To be an eligible applicant you will:
- identify as a woman
- be enrolled at an Australian university/ tertiary institution for the first semester of the calendar year
- be available to commence the program in Australia in February
- commit up to 15 days’ face-to-face contact across two residential intensives in February and September
- have internet access
- be a citizen of a Pacific country listed below.
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- French Polynesia
- New Caledonia
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Marshall Islands
- Solomon Islands
- Wallis and Futuna
WDLP Application Requirements
Applicants are required to complete and submit the online application form in one sitting. You cannot save as you go.
Please have the following ready before you start the application form:
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae / resume (In Word or PDF)
- Image / copy of passport biodata page (JPEG or PDF, less than 2MB)
- Copy of Australian Visa (JPEG or PDF, less than 2MB)
- Recent head shot photo for publicity purposes (JPEG, less than 2MB)
The deadline to apply is 30 November, 2023.