www hec gov pk Commonwealth Scholarship Programme 2023-2024
Applicants of the Commonwealth Scholarship Programme 2023-2024 are required to submit online applications via www hec gov pk at the Commonwealth and HEC portals
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government’s Commonwealth scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. Since 1960, the CSC has funded over 30,000 individuals to study in the UK and gain skills, acquire knowledge and build networks to tackle global development challenges.
The CSC portal is open for applications up till October 17, 2023.
- 26 nominations are available for Masters and 30 nominations are available for PhD
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – www hec gov pk Commonwealth Scholarship Programme 2023-2024
To apply for these scholarships, you must meet HEC eligibility in addition to CSC requirements mentioned below:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national and permanent resident of Pakistan /AJ&K. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- For Master scholarship, an applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (16 years Bachelors/master’s degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of HEC application portal.
- For PhD scholarship, an applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of HEC application portal.
- Candidate must not have Second/Third division in the terminal/last degree. Result awaiting candidates are eligible to apply.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT test score. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 60 out of 100 in HAT test. Those applicants who have taken HAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration and enter their score while filling online HEC application.
- Without providing minimum HAT test score (60 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take HAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/. ETC is accepting applications for HAT test.
- Merit shall be strictly based on HAT score. (HEC reserves the right to modify the merit criteria)
CSC Eligibility Criteria in addition to HEC criteria:
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024.
- The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Provide full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Provide references from at least two individuals.
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2024
- Provide a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on your application form.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE – www hec gov pk Commonwealth Scholarship Programme 2023-2024
Applicants are required to submit online applications at the Commonwealth and HEC portals. In case the applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned in Step (1) & Step (2) below, HEC is unable to accept their application.
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
- Candidates must apply using the CSC’s online application system mentioned below. The CSC is unable to accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system or after the closing date listed above.
a) For Masters Click here to apply for a Master’s Scholarship
b) For PhD Click here to apply for a PhD Scholarship
Step – 2 (HEC Online application)
- Apply online at HEC website: https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk/#/auth/login After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by applicant. HEC online application portal shall close on October 17, 2023 (04.00 PM Pakistan Time)
Before applying, kindly update your HEC profile with latest email/cell number & updated information. You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline
Application without submitting both Commonwealth Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case (submitted applications must also be complete in all aspects)
Keep a copy of your HEC online application and Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, research plan/proposal, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms (proof of minimum 02 references & placement letter) may be kept saved for applicant’s own record.
DO NOT SEND HARD COPIES OF APPLICATIONS TO HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity; females are encouraged to apply. The female Nomination ratio shall be minimum 45%.
- HEC online portal shall close as per the deadline, thereafter, no candidate may be able to apply. Also, incomplete applications (not submitted/saved) will NOT be accepted.
- Please note that HEC has only a facilitation role in the nomination process, as the final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the right to cancel and debar applicants for all future scholarships.
It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply on both Commonwealth and HEC portal before the deadline of the deadline of October 17, 2023.