Deadline: before 12.00 pm, 8th July 2023.
Young Urban Designers and Architects Program (YUDAP 2023)
CEPT announces the Call for Applications from its Alumni for the seventh edition of the prestigious ‘Young Urban Designers and Architects Program 2023’ (YUDAP 2023) of the Embassy of France in India.
What is YUDAP?
YUDAP is a 6-months work placement programme in the best French architecture firms and urban design agencies, offering an opportunity to the selected candidates to benefit from an advanced theoretical and professional training in architecture and urban design practices in France.
Who is this programme for?
-Young professionals with a Master’s degree in architecture, urban design, urban planning and/or heritage conservation with between 2-7 years of professional experience after post graduation – Post graduate alumni of CEPT University (Ahmedabad), and School of Planning and Architecture (Delhi)
Modalities of the programme
Prior to the 6-months work placement, the selected candidates will attend one week of rigorous training in urban planning and architecture in Paris
The selected candidates will receive a remuneration of 1200 € per month from their assigned firms/agencies, from which approx. 500 € will be deducted for their accomodation at Maison de l’Inde – Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris. In addition, the selected candidates will receive a complimentary grant of 300 € per month from the YUDAP organisers. The training will be in English, however, a basic understanding of French will be an advantage. The network of Alliances françaises in India will be able to help them with an initiation course in French before their departure.
- 8 July 2023 – Deadline for submissions
- 10-11 July 2023-Skype interviews of the pre-selected candidates with the French Embassy in India 12-13 July
- 2023-Skype interviews of the pre-selected candidates with the agencies
- Mid-July 2023 – Announcement of the names of the 5 candidatesselected for the programme and their designated agencies
- August 2023 – French lessons at Alliances Françaisesfor the candidates End of August 2023 – Pre-departure session (online or physical) with Campus France
- 1 September 2023 – Departure of the 5 candidatesto France
- November 2023 – Mid-term workshop at the renowned Ecole Supérieure Nationale d’Architecture Paris-La Vilette
- 28 February 2024-End of the programme
Required Application Documents
The application should include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Comprehensive professional portfolio detailing previous projects worked on
- The Applications need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for CEPT alumni
- Reasons and motivation for applying to the programme, demonstrated through:
- Motivation (40%)
-Quality of the candidate’s portfolio -Career objectives
– Interest in or connection to France
- Comprehensive knowledge of architectural and urban design trends (30%)
- Professional experience (30%)